A roadmap for Americans who want to participate electronically in local or national government…expert and insightful analysis.
In this new edition of Electronic Democracy, award-winning journalist and author Graeme Browning details the colorful history of politics and the Net, describes the key Web-based sources of political information, offers practical techniques for influencing legislation online, and provides a fascinating, realistic vision of the future.
- The role of the Net in Election 2000—did Gore’s e-strategy let him down?
- Tips and techniques for grassroots activists, campaigners, and fundraisers
- Finding and communicating with policy makers, the media, and organizations online
- Political forums, information resources, and Web databases
- Dimples and hanging chads in Florida—what is the future of voting technology?