Fulltext Sources Online (FSO) is a directory of periodicals accessible online in full text through 20 aggregators and content providers. Published annually in January, FSO lists over 59,000 newspapers, journals, magazines, newsletters, newswires, and transcripts.
Each title entry comprises the aggregators and databases that provide the publication online in full text. Coverage dates, frequencies, and lag times of titles appearing online, as well as ISSNs and document types, are included. Also provided are more than 59,000 publisher’s URLs indicating free archives, selected coverage, and Open Access Journals. Subject, geographic, and language indexes are supplied as well.
FSO is also available in digital format as FSO Online and for license as FSOe. FSO Online provides the same complete information from FSO, and is updated weekly online. FSOe is the licensed text version of the FSO database for network or intranet use, with quarterly updates. Contact Lauri Rimler at 908-219-0088 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing information.
FSO Online and FSOe
|FSO is now available on the Internet as FSO Online. Now you can get the same complete information from FSO, updated weekly on the web. Or, license FSOe, the text version of FSO with quarterly updates, for network or intranet use. Access FSO from your desktop or laptop and find out the online availability of journals, newsletters, magazines, newspapers, newswires, and TV/radio transcripts.
- The entire FSO database is available online for searching at http://www.fso-online.com.
- Titles can be searched or browsed; each record shows the aggregator(s) that provides the publication online in full text, the database in which the publication can be found, dates of coverage, and publisher’s website (if available). Hyperlinked URLs take the user directly to the archives or publication’s home page. Also included are indicators for selected coverage, free archives, and Open Access Journals.
- Pricing is $289 for print only, $309 for web only, and $359 for both. Multiple user options are also available.
- Search by keyword in the title, exact title match, or by ISSN. Searches can also be limited by aggregator, subject, language, geographic location, or document type.
- Browse the entire list of titles in the FSO database by the same limiters plus publications on the Internet.
- Updated weekly.
- Extensive help and other information about FSO are available online.
- The FSO database is also available for license to organizations for internal use only.
- Supplied as a comma-delimited ASCII file, and delivered quarterly by e-mail. Files containing the indexes appearing in the print version are also included. The comma-delimited file can be imported into any database management program on the user’s system.
- Use FSOe for sophisticated searches and correlations, competitive intelligence, and production of special subsets of the database. Match titles available through an aggregator to your library’s subscriptions. Or add the URLs of publisher’s full-text archives to your library’s title holdings.
For pricing or for more information on FSO Online and FSOe, contact:
National Product Sales Manager
Information Today, Inc.
143 Old Marlton Pike
Medford, NJ 08055-8750