This significantly revised edition of the must-have reference for new and aspiring freelance indexers includes advice on these topics and more:
- Setting up an indexing business
- How indexers learn their trade and stay up-to-date
- Finding clients and setting fees
- Packagers: Who are they and what do they do?
- Indexing while holding a full-time job
- Liability issues
The book also includes a sample Letter Agreement setting out terms between an indexer and author, a mini-salary survey with insight into the earnings potential in the field, and a handy business start-up checklist.